Mind Persuasion Forum

getting rid of the Fight and Flight response

therexanlion

I would like a video that would get rid of the fight and flight response.

Any idea on how it would be? I honestly do not know how it would be worded.

I will get rid of the fight and flight response.

I will never worry about activating the fight and flight response.

I will never worry.

Something like that. It should only target the fight or flight response that the body subconsciously create.

I'm sure George and others will have great ideas on this.  Anyway, what came to my mind was what about affirmations not to get RID of the fight and flight response, but about it ONLY being activated when it is appropriate and necessary.  OK it might be nice to not have to use it at all, I guess, though, but I think the issue might be more that fight and flight can be activated when we DON'T need them and can't use them - e.g. tiger on the loose, we NEED it!  Stressful but necessary work situation - we DON'T need it.  Or, I guess you could include affirmations about not needing to use the response ever? 

This is kinda weird. Like why would you want this to go. First of all you can't delete this program, It's a program related to the R complex which is automatic and can't be changed. It's always gonna be there no matter what. Yes thr fight or flight function is controlled by the Subconcious but it's not a belief. It's a prepackaged program like cell division, it's som you can't get rid of. Like Athena said you might want to change it to something that gets rid of unescassary triggers that activate this response and imaginary dangers but I'm sure like George goes over in some of his books and emails, the smart and accurate Human who wants to make sure that the Lion is 100% not dangerous like if you upset a bull and it comes running after you don't say I didn warn you.

Fire kid, it's not a Subconcious belief, it's an automatic body function controled by the Subconcious so I doubt that . The automatic body functions such as your heart beating cannot be turned off by the Subconcious. (Unless you hypnotize someone and say there having a heart attack but then they will die).????????????????

TheDondada I agree with what you're saying about addressing the triggers that create the resonse.Therexanlion has come up with an intersting idea though. Whilst you are correct that the Fightflight response cannot be switched off entirely,  in some individuals however, its triggered a lot easier to the extent whereby the person becomes almost paralised unable to take action. This feeling is extremely delibitating; shaking, heart palpitations, slurred speech etc.  Also its to do with perception. What is scary for one person another takes in their stride.

Would be great for a recording to deal specifically with this

11248112_900660759994988_2101146367_n.jp

Once you're enlightened, Fear has left you, because love has settled inside of you permanently. None of the Spiritual Masters have this Fight-or-Flight stuff. Nothing ever seems to happen to them. Until you reach that level, you can listen to the Fearless Hypnosis, to get a taste of what it's like. I still maintain that is the most useful hypnosis I have listened to.

Always really just face your fear. Do it. It takes guts and it leads directly to growth and expansion. If necessary, let the Fearless Hypnosis aid you. You will feel literally like all your life someone had been holding you down with prison chains and you have now been set free. No. Joke.

I agree. We live in a world where our perception of reality creates it. So many times in our lives we perceive a threat to our ego and that activates the fight or flight response in which we get mad or argue (fight) or suppress anger deep in our soul (flight). Knowing this it would be better to take care of these issues first rather than turning off the mechanism because as I stated before with the princess and the pea story, that you just doing this doesn't get to the root of why the reaction happens, by putting programs in your subconscious that don't targ the real problem (the beds/denial) you still will feel the pain from the pea. (trapped emotions and negative patterns)

One thing to keep in mind with affirmations....If you give yourself an affirmations such as "I will never" this is going to be accepted as a negative instead of a positive. The subconscious mind is SO literal that you never want to introduce anything antagonistic to it as maybe it will trigger something in your past when someone told you ex: You will never amount to much...You will never succeed" Plus it helps if it is something you can readily believe. I personally am finding if something I am telling myself via affirmations doesn't already have some truth to it for me, that things will actually get WORSE. From what I understand, it is because our subconscious mind seeks to PROVE everything we believe. Good and bad. It's best to take the "back door approach where you don't create unnecessary resistance between your subconscious and conscious mind because ultimately, the affirmation that evokes the stronger feeling or reaction will be the one accepted. I am, myself, still trying to find the right combination of affirmations to work with that aren't going to back fire on me instead of help me.

Oh! One really interesting thing I learned about affirmations...It is best to keep them minimal. If you want to change something, EX: Quit smoking, you should stick to a few affirmations that target ONLY this. and repeat them over and over and over and over until they take root. I was working on maybe 10 vids at once and when I did the proverbial math, I was only repeating the same one affirmation maybe 25 times a day which if you think about it, if you have a deep seated belief, say since you were a child, imagine how many times you heard it from others, said it to yourself or found proof of it occurring in your life over say...maybe 20 years? So, with that said, if you want to replace a negative belief with a positive one, you will have to target it on a constant basis and almost nonstop til it is finally accepted in place of the limiting belief. I am now working with ONLY one thing, I am on day two of this and once I get the result I seek, I will update on how long it took and how completely it worked. Hope that helps your quest :)

Ha ha it's SO hard (but in a wonderful way!) for me to pick & choose which ones to use cos I want...everything :-) But to start off my day, I do two Vimeo ones daily on waking up alert & so on & the Mind Control & Synchronicity ones.  Synchronicity one mainly cos I usually commute a bit which is nice in a way, I write affirmations, listen to positive things & make the most of my journeys but it is a tool that helps take away that uh oh will the train have problems and delay me - which can sometimes happen to trains.  And I have some of the longer ones I usually too.  One that i am going to add soon is the "Coding Genius" one as I'm doing a web development online course :-) & I think it covers a few different languages? scripts? codes? I keep saying it but I just feel so lucky to have found all this! 

I know what you mean about the negative but I also wonder if there is a difference when you are doing affirmations (in that case NO negative words!) & things like subliminals & hypnosis because they go straight to the subconscious mind, so can use slightly different wording.  I still try to stick with positive language though. 

What you are talking about is FREEZE.  There is fight, flight or freeze.  HOWEVER, if a SNAKE sees you, actually, freeze is your best response from what I have been told.  I think with a lion (again don't quote me on this!) freeze is a TERRIBLE reaction & you'll be dinner - you need flight!  But with a snake, you do NOT run, you freeze.  And that's the best response.  

While I highly doubt any of us are going to run into wild animals on the loose anyway! I still think it's better to be affirming that the fight, flight or freeze response is used by the body RESOURCEFULLY, that type of thing, rather than taken away.  We're also unlikely to run into dangerous people although I still would like to keep the fight response, thank you very much!  I think they are all useful to have, extremely useful to have!  It's more a matter of like I said having the appropriate response to the stimulus and if it is a stimulus in which fight, flight or freeze are NOT needed, for e.g. having to speak in front of people for a presentation, in which you DON'T want to flight or freeze and you CERTAINLY don't want to punch your boss in the face even if they deserve it!  that they don't kick in THEN.  

The Light states that 'once you're enlightened, Fear has left you, because love has settled inside of you permanently. None of the Spiritual Masters have this Fight-or-Flight stuff'.    That is very interesting. But are you telling me if a spiritual master was in a situation for example; captured by one of those ISIS maniacs, he was about to have his head taken off, they would actually feel no fear ????? 

The Light states that 'once you're enlightened, Fear has left you, because love has settled inside of you permanently. None of the Spiritual Masters have this Fight-or-Flight stuff'.    That is very interesting. But are you telling me if a spiritual master was in a situation for example; captured by one of those ISIS maniacs, he was about to have his head taken off, they would actually feel no fear ????? 

I haven't reached that level, so I don't fully understand the idea. The Buddha had stories of a snake moving across his body, and nothing happening. Or of soldiers coming to attack him, and they retreating because they were unable to attack him. Heck, even in modern day... what has ever happened to a guy like Russell Brand? The guy always fearlessly voices his opinions after that Awakening he had, and takes on big government w/his humor. 

Amongst the Spiritual Masters, Mohammad was a unique one because he fought wars... I wonder how he went about doing things. I do understand, though, that there's a lot more than what appears in the media on the ISIS situation. Most media today is fear based, with some kinda bizarro agenda to make all of its viewers fear-based as well (that is why they originally called it Television Programming, it's literally a form of hypnosis!). And once anyone here really develops their intelligence enough, they'll see the same. 

Now most of us haven't reached that level. For people like us, what's more practical is combining Fearlessness w/ Intelligence. Eventually you'll blend the two and come up with something perfect that works for your personality. Some things I have noticed -

- Animals will back off if you don't. Now, I haven't faced Tigers... but maybe someday.  B)

- Guys, no matter how big, are generally filled with fear, because they want to prove their manliness. If you stand your ground, and don't pursue violence, you'll make it out of about every situation just fine. By the way, a smile and a Hug is pretty damned disarming for anyone. 

- Everytime you display fearlessness, people WILL appreciate you. The skinny guy who stands up to the big guy will get a heck of a lot more praise from the masses than the bodybuilder who wants to beat everyone up.You'll walk off from any situation feeling like a true hero. 

- Women love it. 

- Immense Freedom. Ever thought I WISH I COULD... now you force yourself to jump in and get it going. 

In general and in most situations, anytime you stand up for your convictions and stay steadfast in front of any threats or adversity, regardless of how nervous you are on the inside... you will be just fine. With enough practice, you'll be a hero. 

Ive seen monks place themself on fire to make a statement... Sont remember what it was... But they never moved an inch. They sid not fear dearh at all. To be burn on fire yet not move the whole time takes lots of mental power. Now i am not that crazy but imagine being able to ignore everything and not fear at all, that takes lots of mind power to do. I belive the monks were from China, i saw it a couple years ago.