Mind Persuasion Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skylar Lake

Are psychic gifts inherited?

I believe that my mother had a psychic gift and used this as part of her tarot reading practice to tune into her clients in a way that would help her read them better.  And, I've always had good intuition, though I don't know if that comes from her training or life experience or heredity.  Do you believe that a psychic gift can be inherited or is it learned?

Guest Beverly

If you grow up seeing your mom perform divination or psychic readings for others, then it will only feel natural that you do the same as an adult.   Some who claim a hereditary gift may not have the ability but might have tuned their senses to reading other people's emotions/moods and body language so as to give an accurate reading.  It will not seem weird to delve into this world, where as someone who has not grown up with this being the norm might consider it to be out of place or might not pursue a psychic calling, even if the gift is real.  So in this way, having a parent or relative who was gifted will help you to know more about this path.

In spirituality, there are certain types of kids known as the "Indigo Kids", who are born with their psychic abilities already open. I have met a girl personally that said she naturally always had the ability. Most of us have to open the third eye through meditation, though. 

While psychic abllities can appear  stronger in some family lines than others, it doesnt mean it only runs in those families. As with other abilites, everyone has them. This doesnt mean everyone has full access to them though.

just as some kids are born prodigies and can play music from a very early age or do high math, the same can be said for psychic abilities. Some are born with it slightly turn on, or even fully turned on. Others have it but it is on such a low setting as it were that they dont notice it at all. Others had to work at it through meditation and trainning but eventualy get to a level where they can successfuly use it.